Thursday, March 20, 2014

Black and Tan


I started this quilt for my husband many years ago.  It is made from Bonnie Hunter's Mountain Majesty Pattern.  I was never very fond of it so it sat as a finished top for years.  I finally pulled it out to practice my free motion skills.
Hard to see but I am very happy with the background of very small flames.
And, these are feathers.  I used my flexible curve to make sure all the spines were the same.  It looks okay from the front but I really don't like the black thread on the brown backing.
This is a peek at a quilt my mom made.  I LOVE the "Crimson Rose" quilting pattern on it!

This Black and Tan quilt may be my only finish for March, we will see...and it still needs a label.
Happy Spring!




4 comments:

  1. I love Bonnie's patterns and using up scraps. It turned out nicely, your quilt. I'm envious of the FMQ that you did. I hate that part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a long arm and so, to me, the free motion is much easier than on a regular machine. I am still not great at it though.

      Delete
  2. Me encanta tu edredón, los colores son preciosos. Estuve paseando por tu blog, y es muy lindo, no lo dejes.
    Saludos desde Chile
    Maru

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive